Timothy W. Gaskill, Esq.
Timothy W. Gaskill is an officer and partner of Gaskill, Smith & Shenkman, P.A., and has been a member since 1976. He practices in the areas of Commercial Litigation and Real Estate. Mr. Gaskill has represented a number of large developer clients and has become known for handling complex construction matters. Mr. Gaskill constantly receives positive comments from his clients specifically concerning the way he handles the issues and the sensitivity he brings to each member involved.
Mr. Gaskill has represented a variety of clients with small and large problems. He has represented individuals having personal, single issue conflicts, as well as multi-state corporations seeking resolution through our courts. Within the Firm, Mr. Gaskill has the reputation of working to get the best result regardless of the size of the client or the matter.
As a member of the Florida Bar Board of Governors, Mr. Gaskill volunteered his time to help improve his profession. He is dedicated to having the members of the Bar looked on as professionals respected for their integrity, honesty, and hard work on behalf of their clients. He is Past Chair of the Professional Ethics Committee of the Florida Bar, which deals with many of the controversial issues involving attorneys, such as ancillary businesses of lawyers, non-compete restrictions, and contingency fees of expert witnesses.
Mr. Gaskill has resided in the northern Palm Beaches since 1970 where he and his wife, Tana, have raised two children.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Business Law
- 80% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Florida, 1970
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1973
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1981
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama, 1970
- Nichols College and Stetson University, 1967
Professional Associations and Memberships
- President of the Palm Beach Bar Association 1983
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, 1983 – 1984
- LEADERSHIP PALM BEACH COUNTY 1985
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section
- The Florida Bar, 1989 – 1993
Member, Board of Governors
- The Florida Bar
Past Chairman, Professional Ethics Committee
- The Florida Bar
Vice Chair, Ethics 2000 Review Panel
- Leadership Palm Beach County
- President of EXECUTIVES’ ASSOCIATION OF THE PALM BEACHES IN 2014
- Phi Delta Phi
- September 8, 1944, New Bedford, Massachusetts, United States of America